If you find this information helpful, consider donating.
If you want to give yourself a Web presence without spending a lot of time or money, a blog is your answer and this is your guide. Blogs (Web logs) are short, diary-like entries on a Web site that has a chronological, journal format. Fun or informative, but not formal, blogs are easy to set up, maintain, and update. You can share your personal, stream-of-consciousness musings or your expertise on any subject ranging from your family vacation to world peace. This guide helps beginners (even technophobes) get started fast, with the essential info on:
- The elements of blogs, such as entries, sidebars, categories, comments, and index pages
- The different types of hosting services, from free to fee and from “turn key” services that are easy-to-use to DIY programs
- Details on two popular, free “social community” hosted Web services that are ideal for casual bloggers—MSN Spaces and Yahoo! 360
- The scoop on Blogger, a popular free hosted service that has some community tools like the social networks, but is basically blog-intensive
- DIY blogging, covering three of the most powerful and flexible blog programs—Movable Type, WordPress, and Radio Userland
- Hooking into RSS feeds to distribute your blog entries beyond your site
- Choosing a newsreader
- Ways to raise the visibility of your blog and make money from blogging
Complete with step-by-step instructions and lots of screen shots, this guide walks you through everything from setting up your blog and posting your first entry to adding photos, audio, and more. It includes the URLs of lots of sample sites to see to give you an idea of blog possibilities. In addition to the essential how-to, it fills you in on:
- The blogosphere, blog culture and etiquette, snarks, macrologues, and more
- Moblogs that let you post entries remotely using your portable computer, PDA, or cell phone
- Buying a domain through a registrar such as Network Solutions, Register.com, or Go Daddy
- MP3 blogs, vlogs (videoblogs), photoblogging, audioblogging, podcasting, and more
You know you have something to say, whether it’s heavy stuff or just your thought for the day. Make your opinions known. Get your photos shown. With Blogging For Dummies, you’ll soon be blogging with the best of ‘em.
List Price: $ 21.99
Price: $ 9.37Beyond Blogging NEW by Nathan Hangen
End Date: Saturday May-25-2013 16:35:10 PDT
Buy It Now for only: US $28.50
Buy it now | Add to watch list
Related Blogging Products
Did you find this information helpful? If you did, consider donating.